cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No Engineer visit. Poor communication.

liz82
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

An Engineer visit was supposed to happen today to install full fibre to my home. It was arranged at the time of order placement for the 4th of December between 1-6pm. Nobody came, Nobody called or communicated in anyway to update on this situation. I have contacted Talktalk which has lead me to text chat which has since gotten me silence. After being told i was connected to somebody and to expect communication within a few minutes, it was 20 minutes before somebody text me and asked me for my account details and contact details in regards to my query and then complete silence. This was at approximately 18:25 on the evening of the 4th. I have tried to follow up to no avail. I have 2 x eero router pro 6's waiting here and no fibre to connect them to and simply no communication as to when it is going to be installed. I am reaching out and looking for answers, I hope somebody can help.

Thank you,

Liz.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi liz82

Sorry the engineer did not arrive as scheduled. 

The appointment is confirmed for the 12th , AM appointment. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Liz

I have had numerous problems after fibre installed. Been complaining for over 2 months they won't send an engineer. My contract is up in January, am now thinking they might totally cut me off then. Worse company ever.

AliMT

0 Likes

liz82
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

I could only get luck yesterday communicating via text chat and I've managed to get another appointment for an engineer visit on the 12th of December in the AM and do not know why openreach didn't arrive as scheduled the first time. They said that I would receive confirmation of this appointment within 30 minutes. However, that confirmation has not arrived in my inbox (including junk folder) or on my phone. I do have a reference number that they gave me via text chat at the time and that is ABBE43FFR. Is there anyway for anybody that confirm the appointment at talktalk? Forgive me for my being thorough but I am worried about the same thing happening again as it does affect my schedule... Kind Regards Liz.

0 Likes

liz82
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for the link @Gliwmaeden2  , i was unaware of this. Much appreciated. I will continue to try to contact Talktalk though im happy to receive communication in any which form it may come. Hopefully i can get some answers.

Thanks.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@liz82, you should be due compensation for the no show of an engineer and delay to the start of your service:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

It takes at least a month to sort out, after the set up is actually done. 

You'll probably find you need to contact the Full Fibre team in the morning to check what happened there. Staff on here won't be on before the morning, @liz82.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.