cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Windows VPN stopped working

simoncollyer
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

I have suddenly started experiencing an issue with an existing VPN connection. It was working fine from when I moved to TalkTalk (Aug 2020) until quite recently. I last used it on 20th April 2022 then went away on holiday. Since my return (3rd May) it has refused to connect.

I have tried:

- Rebooting the router

- Restoring factory settings on the router (on advice of live chat support)

- Other devices on the same TalkTalk connection

None of these have worked.

If I connect to the same VPN via a mobile hotspot it works fine.

My issue sounds identical, both in terms of timeframe and symptoms, to this one:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/PPTP-VPN-stopped-working-overnight/m-p/2880975#M361918

Please could you help? I work from home and am unable to do so at the moment.

Many thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

simoncollyer
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

That's done it - all working now - thank you so much for your help and the quick response.

All the best

Simon

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Simon,

This is now done, try the VPN now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

simoncollyer
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl,

Many thanks for getting back to me - any time is fine.

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I can change the firmware to see if this will help, will take you offline for about 10 minutes, when is the best time to try this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes