FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPTP VPN stopped working overnight

gtsos
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

Hi Guys,

I have been working from home for many years now connecting to the office via a PPTP VPN connection that has suddenly stopped working overnight.

Using a 4G EE dongle that I have, I can confirm that the same laptop and VPN settings work as expected. The problem only occurs when connected to my TalkTalk router. Further details on my setup are below

VPN Client: Windows Built-In

VPN Type: PPTP

Hub Hardware Version: FAST5364 3.00

Hub Software Version: SG4K100136

Hub GUI Version: 5.6.1

I am completely remote when it comes to work so anything that you can do to help with a speedy solution would be greatly appreciated.

If you require any further information from me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Sandie

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi @David1960

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

having read some of the stuff on here it seems that Debbie is the person who can solve this, how do i contact her?

Dave Jones
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi @David1960

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

David1960
First Timer
Message 4 of 14

hi can someone please help me i spent 2 hours on live chat yesterday and still cant log in to my VPN

Dave Jones
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Sandie

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

The Huawei hub is also a WIFI hub like the Sagemcom, it's just a different make and model.

Thanks

Debbie

gtsos
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 14

Hi Debbie,

If swapping hub is the next step to try and resolve this, please do send me one.

Is the spec of Huawei WIFI hub any better / worse than my current hub?

Kind regards

Sandie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Sandie

Apologies for this. The firmware update should have resolved this issue.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

gtsos
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 14

Hi Guys,

I have tried again after a router reboot but still no joy unfortunately.

If anything, the VPN connection seems to be getting less far through the connection process than it was before the firmware update. Previously I would see it verifying my sign-in info and then fail to complete the connection once verified. Now it doesn't even get to verifying.

Kind regards

Sandie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Sandie

Please can you reboot the router and then try and connect to your VPN client again?

Thanks

0 Likes

gtsos
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 14

Hi Michelle, thanks for the confirmation. Unfortunately the update doesn't look to have helped.

I tried my EE dongle again to make sure the laptop and VPN are still OK, and it connected first time, so it looks like I still have a problem going via the TalkTalk router.

Kind regards

Sandie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. The firmware has now been updated. Please can you retest and let us know how the VPN compares now.

Thanks 🙂

gtsos
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 14

Hi Michelle, please go ahead and do this as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Sandie

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. We can make a change to the router firmware which should resolve this. This will take about 20 minutes to complete and the router can't be rebooted during this time. When would be the best time for us to update this for you?

Thanks