cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Working From Home - Router Problem

jim_3440
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

My daughter is sometimes required to WFH, using a laptop provided by her employer.  She is unable to access the VPN she needs, and after her company's IT help desk having remotely logged in to our home router, they say we need an upgrade.  I should say the IT people said there was nothing wrong with our router, we just need a more up to date one.  I believe we have had our current Talk Talk router for at least 2 years.

I should also mention that three other family members have each WFH utilising employer provided laptops with no problems.  Additionally, we rarely have any connection problems with home IT devices. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the connection has been since your last post?

Thanks

Message 2 of 7

Hi Jim

I've made a change to the router, can you see if this helps with everyone's VPN connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for all your help - I will look out for a message from them 🙂

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Ok, so you are on one of the newest routers (the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub). The latest version of firmware for that router has been causing some issues with VPN access for some customers (particularly people who use the built-in Windows 10/11 VPN), if your router is on that version of firmware the support team here may be able to change it to a different version that has better compatibility with VPN software, hopefully they will be able to reply tomorrow to help.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Skynet_TX,  Thanks for getting back to me.  The device version is 'FAST 5364-3.T8' - Let me know if you need more information.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @jim_3440,

What model of router do you currently have ?

VPN issues with some models of router can be resolved by TalkTalk updating the firmware, but if you have a much older router they may suggest that they send you a newer model.

0 Likes