cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

constant disconnects

spirit1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

my internet has been disconnecting every few minutes since about 5pm yesterday, i have truned off router for 30 minutes then turned back on, connected then started to disconnect again, just managed to get this message up, im wondering if its something to do with the weather ?

the router has not been changed or moved, this is something outside of the house.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

spirit1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 21 of 28

the crackling seems to have stopped, but internet is still slow 25 26mb

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi spirit1

Thanks for your reply.

Is the noise (crackling) still present if you test with a different phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

spirit1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 23 of 28

yes there is crackling on the line

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hi,

Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

spirit1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 25 of 28

getting 26mb download only, down from 37mb, i have turned off router for an hour as that usually brings speed back, but it did not work

light on router is constant now, but download speed is as i mentioned, tried all the usual checks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 28

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection does look unstable. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi @spirit1,

A damaged section of phone line can certainly cause issues in wet or windy weather.

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

0 Likes