cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

eero 6 blocked

Browser
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi, 

I bought two eero 6s (separately) through eBay around 6 months ago and they've suddenly stopped working. I spoke to eero customer services and was advised they may have been blocked by the ISP. (I had no idea routers can be blocked!) Assuming it was blocked by TT, wouldn't the previous contract owner have been charged for not sending unit(s) back? Seems a little odd that these are selling via eBay without any cost to them. 

Is there a way to get them unlocked or a workaround? Seems wasteful and wrong just to throw them away. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

jamsterdm
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 11

Wish I had seen this thread before buying a 6 pro off eBay 🤣🤣

Saying that my eero 6 which has been off talktalk for nearly 2 years now still works absolutely fine 🤔

0 Likes

Calders86
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Hello, thank you for getting back to me. Yeah makes sense to avoid a faff.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Calders86,

These would be blocked as the serial will be linked to a previous account and will have been deactivated.  If you want to purchase one that would work, I would advise purchasing one from the online TalkTalk store as these will not be locked to an account.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Calders86,

I'm not sure but I'll try to find out and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Calders86
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Hi I have a couple of eero6 for my TT FTP connection. Thinking of getting another to give better coverage. If I get one of these (there are many on eBay that are clearly TT) will they work with me if I am a TT customer or will they be blocked?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

I've been advised that we can't unlock these.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hello,

Just to clarify, have you ever been a TalkTalk customer? The eeros which you are using, I see from your original post that you've purchased them from ebay, if the seller was a TT customer selling eeros which had been supplied by TT then they would be locked to the TalkTalk network. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing we can do to unlock these, however I will ask the question.

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

I very much doubt it.

I believe eero devices are only loaned and do not become customer property.

The TT customer who sold them has effectively stolen and sold them

It may have taken some time for eero to recognise the devices in use elsewhere and then block them as they are not being used as intended.

0 Likes

Browser
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Chris, 

Just been speaking to eero customer support and looks like it's been blocked through TT. It's odd how they've suddenly stopped working and not when I initially bought them (even though I'm with Now broadband). Is there anything I can do to unblock them? 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Browser,

Routers can be locked to the original ISP that supplied them but it's a bit strange that they initially worked OK. Are you sure it's an issue with the router and not the Internet connection?

Chris