cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

g.fast issue

vandureen1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hello,

we have been facing speed issues for the past 2 years after we upgraded to g.fast. we had a number of visits from talktalk and openreach, i think at least 10 visits in total. According to the talktalk engineer, there are no problems inside the property. Openreach engineers have now changed almost everything in the cabinet. last time they measured 480mbps (900mbps is the normal speed) from the cabinet to the hub. swapped our connection inside the cabinet with another node(?). he said it will be fine now. after a week the speed is back to 50 Mb/s again. no one has any idea where the problem might be. now i'm hopeless, thinking of switching back to adsl. I probably spent days on talktalk and answered the same questions over and over again. our broadband speed is less than 1/3 of the promised speed (150mbps) and less than half of the guaranteed speed (100mbps). we don't have a home phone, we don't use a network adapter or wifi extender.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi vandureen1

Ok, I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Debbie, 

thank you for you help, but you have sent a replacement router already 3 or 4 weeks ago I think. Unfortunately it looks like the new router did not solve the problem.  One thing left to try from our side is to change is the openreach modem.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi vandureen1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router first before arranging an Openreach engineer visit?

Line tests are clear - No faults detected.

Message 4 of 22

Hi Debbie, 

Our speed is down to 33mbps (paid for 150). I would like to request further assistance please.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi vandureen1

Thanks for your reply.

We can send a replacement router for testing but it would require an Openreach engineer visit to swap out the modem.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hello Debbie,

thank you for your reply, we never touch the modem or the router so i think the connection  is dropping. i mentioned this to "our" engineer about a year ago, but he did not have a clue why it happens. Interestingly it happens at midnight most of the time. Do you think that this could be a clue? Also, would we be able to ask for a new modem as well? Thank you again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi vandureen1

I've completed a line test and this is clear but there are re connections on the line.

Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Message 8 of 22

Hello Debbie, 

sorry for the late reply, but there was no point to report anything just after the line reset (there is always a couple of weeks of good speeds just after the dlm reset). So our speed is back to the usual 55mbps. The engineer said he found a problem in the cabinet, which was fixed, but it looks like our problem lies a lot deeper than that. Is there a way to reset the line for myself? A link or something?  Then i could just reset the line for myself every 2 weeks, problem sorted. Thank you for you continuous help.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi vandureen1

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Message 10 of 22

Hi vandureen1

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for 21/04 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 11 of 22

Hi vandureen1

Apologies for this.

The next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 12 of 22

Good Morning Debbie,

Unfortunately there are no changes.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22
0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi vandureen1

Please can you keep the new router connected to the line for 48hrs without rebooting. If DLM doesn't start to increase the speed then we will need to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hello Debbie,

thank you for your prompt help, unfortunately the new router has not soved the problem.  I'm measuring the same speeds. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi vandureen1

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22
0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi Debbie, 

thank you for your kind help, I'll let you know if that worked.

Message 19 of 22

Hi vandureen1

Yes of course. I've ordered the router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know once you have received and tested with the new router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Hi Debbie, thank you for your reply, They haven't replaced the router, but I'm quite sure they tried a different modem which made no difference. In your opinion the new router could solve our issue? If so, could we request one please?

0 Likes