cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

g.fast issue

vandureen1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hello,

we have been facing speed issues for the past 2 years after we upgraded to g.fast. we had a number of visits from talktalk and openreach, i think at least 10 visits in total. According to the talktalk engineer, there are no problems inside the property. Openreach engineers have now changed almost everything in the cabinet. last time they measured 480mbps (900mbps is the normal speed) from the cabinet to the hub. swapped our connection inside the cabinet with another node(?). he said it will be fine now. after a week the speed is back to 50 Mb/s again. no one has any idea where the problem might be. now i'm hopeless, thinking of switching back to adsl. I probably spent days on talktalk and answered the same questions over and over again. our broadband speed is less than 1/3 of the promised speed (150mbps) and less than half of the guaranteed speed (100mbps). we don't have a home phone, we don't use a network adapter or wifi extender.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 21 of 22

Hi vandureen1

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the speed has dropped.

Have we also replaced your TalkTalk router? If you have already tested with a different router then we will need to arrange another engineer visit, apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes