cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

internet disconnect every 2 mins for 5 mins

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

my broadband has been on for 2 mins off for 2 to 20 mins for the last 3 days st1  i've been intouch with support and they're sending a router but omg i'm going mad with no internet..

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

The next option is for an engineer, would you like to arrange this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

WELL I'M NOT HAPPY TBH, The speed has dropped from 23 mbps to around 10mbps (if that at times) it's even making streaming grainy etc ..  I seriously don't know how isp's plus bt openreach can justify this sort of situation.  I've been with talktalk for a long time (actually it was aol then tt) and my speed was originally just above 30mbps so again i ask how can you just say oh this is how it is now and that's that (i mean the speed) ????

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi just checked a couple of the tt competitors none offer better for  less, but  an engineer might find a couple of Mbps. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi max1e

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like us to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 5 of 14

So the routers been on almost a week, still drops every now and then but as with the picture above the speed sucks now... when i first joined tt i was getting just over 30mbps then this dropping off hapened and it went down to 25 mbps then the dropping off starts again some years latter (now) and i'm at 10 mbps.. so i thought lets see what tt will say if i do a what's available and this is what they say(see pic)GREAT NEWS! wth .lol.  sorry but you gotta be kidding me..lol.

speedt.JPG

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi max1e

Are you using the replacement router?

I can still see some re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

0 Likes

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 7 of 14

well the drops seem to be fixed but my speed is getting slower..lol

speedt.JPG

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection does look very unstable and the sync speed has dropped. Has the replacement router arrived? Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 14

If you have not already done so, it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

yes just the internet drops every few mins or so.. it's happening to a few ppl.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Hi is your telephone line working OK?

0 Likes

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

it's not just me, there's quite a few having problems as they're all posting on our local fb page. so i'd say a router will do nowt tbh...

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Hi @max1e good news you have a replacement on the way please let us know how you get on 

0 Likes