cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ultra slow broadband

ganpixie
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Over the last few days broadband speed has steadily dropped with the most recent speed test this morning showing:

[My 'guaranteed' speed is 32 MB/s]

Speed to router: 7 MB/s

Download speed: 2 MB/s - then 1 MB/s

Upload speed: 5 MB/s

I have checked ALL connections from BT socket; filter; router; PC - all secure.

I have switched the router OFF and left it overnight; switched back on this morning and speed test is as above!

Yesterday I ran the same checks and received a text message to say that "it looks like it's working as it should be..." this is patently NOT the case.

I am unable to work in this situation.

Not aware if this might be a router problem though the 'Speed to router' would seem to indicate this is a line issue.

Your comments welcomed and a speedy resolution would be appreciated.

KH

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

That's great news, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ganpixie
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Openreach been and gone...don't know what he did but...

Success, system back to previous good speeds.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi

i've booked Friday 17th AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ganpixie
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Book engineer visit for any day EXCEPT Thursday 23 December.

Please advise.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi

What day is best for the appointment or shall I book next available ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ganpixie
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

At your reqest I am trying to book an engineer ~~~

I have filled in my mobile number ~~~ the 'Find an appointment' button is NOT active!!!

So - how can I book an engineer???

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

Tests are showing an issue. I've logged this to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ganpixie
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Further to my original complaint - during which I was assured that speed would improve in 2 - 3 days (!!!) things have not improved in fact today the situation is even worse...

I have a 'guaranteed' 32 MB/s internet speed since logging this complaint speeds have been checked several times each day with the following results - none of them anywhere near my 'guaranteed' 32 MB/s.

Date:     Download       Upload

7 Dec         3.1                    4.7

8 Dec        10.69                9.4

9 Dec        9.36                 7.98

10 Dec      7.39                 8.0

11 Dec       7.38                7.98

13 Dec      5.99                7.92

14 Dec     2.62                 7.88

I have been with Tiscali/TalkTalk since the early 90s and have always been satisfied with the service overall. However, this ongoing situation is totally unsatisfactory and looks like push is coming to shove...

Virgin Media laid fibre cables to my front door a couple of years ago to which I have not so far subscribed because my service from Tiscali/TalkTalk has always been so good. However, if this issue is not processed in a satifactory manner - soon - I may be forced (unwillingly) to review my oprions.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi

The fault look to have been cleared.

DLM has lowered during the fault, but should start to raise the profile over the next couple of days.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ganpixie
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Update:

A test this morning indicates an increase in download speed from <2 to 10.69 and upload from 5 to 9.40.

Better but not back to my 'guaranteed' 32 MB/s ~~~ yet...

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi

I've logged this to openreach to investigate.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ganpixie
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

The router is connected to the BT socket - first/main line-in.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi ganpixie

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault. Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes