cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

my speed has halved

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

my speed has gone from 30meg (20 years ago with aol) to 20 meg about 10 years ago (talktalk) and now its running at 10 meg for about a week now. when it dropped from 30 meg the engineer bloke basically said tough it's not getting bk to 30meg didn't even believe me until i showed him screen shots, but anyways i took the hit and it's been fine in the mid to low 20s ever since. but now this 10 meg is a joke. please take a look. i've done the tests and it says lines fine but na it isn't. Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi max1e

If the speed does drop again then please let us know on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

i wasn't able to do as you asked with being disabled, but the speed seems to back to around 19 meg atm so all's ok i guess. thanks though.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hello,

The NTE5C socket does have a test socket behind the faceplate. Would it be possible to remove the faceplate gently (not all the way off as there may be wires attached to the underside) and connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket please?

Thanks

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

i  think it's NTE 5C

Message 6 of 12

Hi max1e,

Which type of master socket do you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

hi, no i haven't tried another router as i don't have one, or do i have a test socket on the wall plate sorry. I don't use the home phone tbh but there doesn't seem to be anything  wrong (noise)atm with it but i couldn't say that with 100% confidence as like i sasid i don't use the home phone.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connections on the line which can affect the speed. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket please? Have you also tested with a different router?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

OK thanks, I had no way of knowing this, as I am just a customer. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

max1e
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

okok

but actual speed is 

not oknot ok

my comp is connected via the ethernet cable(yellow one)

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

If you log into your router, what speed is it recording there (normally in the initial dashboard area for current routers)?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes