cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Problem with internet..again

Agnes1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

I have enough. Non stop problem with connection, and again now. Somebody will fix in next 2-3 WORKING days. I have a child in sixth form, who need make ready his Computer Since project until midnight. I need use my mobile data now. I would like to resolve our problem permanently or I will change internet provider.

Last time we did not have internet for 8 days and my bill wasn't even reduced (should be after few days)

How it is possible? So many time issues. We have new cables, routers etc. always is ok for couple of months...and problem start. It is a joke. First slow down, then stop working

My contract ends on September, and that's it.  Can I stop contract with earlier due so many problem from your side, you do not provide me with what I am paying for.

For now I expect fixed it asap. Can you help?

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Agnes1

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

Just to confirm, has the fault been fully resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Agnes1

I have contacted Openreach and they have advised that they have escalated this fault with the engineers for additional updates.

We will post back here as soon as we have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

How come it is taking so long and there are no updates?

With all due respect the updates I check for myself, I do not need you to tell me there are no updates. It is your responsibility to fix the issue. As it is not the first time we have been with no internet connection, I want for the matter to be dealt with urgently. 

I will be also calculating the losses incurred and will expect a reimbursement of the cost for each day with no internet. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've checked and there are no additional updates as yet and the fault is under investigation with Openreach. We'll continue to monitor for any additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Now is not even timescale to fix our problem

0 Likes

Agnes1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Agnes1_0-1679606118789.png

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

@Agnes1, this is an automatic workflow. The thread should have reached staff by now, but so many earlier replies mean that it was delayed in the queue for attention. 

I will re-escalate this now.

Please wait for a reply from TT staff during the day before posting further to avoid further delay. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Problem not resolved.

Still no internet or is just available or few min.

I pay lots for mobile data now beacuse my children needs to do homework, one Alevel exams, one mocks GSCE. Do you think is ok?

Whats going on? No answer, no updates, no fixed issuse, and I am paying for it!!! I am really angry.

What will you now replay, another 2-3 working days, whish take us to next week!!??

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

@Agnes1, for queries about automatic compensation or early termination fees etc, please post in the billing section of the forum. 

If you had complete loss of service, automatic compensation should apply, but it is usually at least a month after the resolution before it is applied. 

If faults are resolved, you wouldn't usually have grounds for leaving early without penalty. 

But, staff will look into this for you on the other message board. 

@podster7, please stick with your own thread if you need support. You are delaying help reaching other customers by adding to their threads. 

However, concerning your comments about Openreach,  it would be the same issue regardless of which company you sign up with, other than Virgin. These days there are also all the other full fibre companies putting in infrastructure, not just Openreach, so all the ISPs have to refer to the schedules of their available, relevant engineers.

2-3 working days is the period that all companies would require as the margin for scheduling a visit. 

You are not going to find a different arrangement with anybody else for managing the schedule of repairs. There is no other way of structuring the service with such a vast infrastructure. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

podster7
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

How can Open Reach be a totally different organisation? When i took a contract out with you I never took it it with OPENREACH… You hold the contract with OPENREACH they are your choice of associates and if I never had a fault then I wouldn’t need OPENREACH 

TALKTALK are RESPONSIBLE for providing the services i pay for which is in my contract… You can’t disassociate yourself OPENREACH because they are employed by you and you are contracted to provide me the service i pay for and if you can’t fulfill your contract then you should offer customers an option to leave and terminate your contract free of penalties if they have no services that you are contracted to provide 

0 Likes

podster7
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, I’d rather pay off this horrible contract and go back to BT who weren’t the best but better than this impossible company. I will NEVER take a contract with another company that doesn’t have a UK call centre.

0 Likes

Agnes1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Thank you very much for your replay. 

I am not happy with the service. I checked my emails, and it is far to many times we are left without internet. 

Can I stop contract earlier without any cost due so many issues? I also never had reduced bill to be left to long without internet? Should be aplied automatically. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Agnes1,

The support team on this community won't be around now until Monday. But if you have already reported this issue and been told it will be looked at in 2-3 working days then that sounds like the issue may have already been passed to Openreach to investigate, their standard response time for residential faults is 2-3 working days. Unfortunately if the fault is out on the external Openreach network then there isn't really anything TalkTalk can do to speed up the resolution of the fault, as it has to be looked at by Openreach, who are a totally different organisation.