cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

no wifi

Jaygee47
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

hi,

I am having problems with my router not working with wi-fi it works with cables but we cannot connect  with laptop  by wi-fi or mobile phone  with wi-fi

we have turned off power and left router off fo 30 minutes but still not working when power is turned back on to router .it is a hg633  wireless light is on but still not working even standing next to router.

we are on fibre 65

any thing else we can do

JGYeomans
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thanks for all your help @KeithFrench it's appreciated 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Jaygee47 

You're very welcome.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 12

Hi Jaygee47

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Jaygee47
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

Hi Keith,Michelle,Debbie,

Thank you all for your help ,new router received and we now have wifi back working ,just in time for weekend when we have teenage grandaughter staying. Would have been unbearable with wifi not working.

once again thank you all for your help it was very much appreciated.

Jaygee47

JGYeomans

Message 5 of 12

Hi Jaygee47

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

hi michelle,

Yes please, if you could send a replacement  router  which hopefully will sort out my problems

regards

jaygee47

JGYeomans

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Thanks @KeithFrench 🙂

We can send a replacement router for testing, however we no longer provide HG633's so this would be one of our Wifi Hubs. Would this be ok?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

I have been doing some diagnostics via PMs with this one. There is no WiFi SSIDs being broadcast from this HG633, despite being enabled in the router's UI. I can only assume it is faulty.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so that I can find it easily.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

hi Keith,

thanks for offering to help,

Could you please send out the guide for fault finding

regards

jaygee47

JGYeomans
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith

0 Likes