cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router restarting

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

Hi All,

My router has been restarting several times a day and my speed has dropped right down DL is now 18.2 it was 58.7 my router is a sagemcom fast 5364.

Talktalk sent out a engineer on 11/08/22 he replaced master socket from a NTE5 for a 5c master socket but i am still having the same fault talktalk have done another line test and sent me a text message saying no fault found.

This is what i have tried to fix problem

1) changed cables (fault still there)

2) removed ethernet cables from router (fault still there)

3) replaced tv no longer using talktalk youview box (fault still there)

4) connected to internet with another pc (fault still there)

Can i replace my router with another make ? if so what one ? if not how can i get talktalk to send me another one ?.

I have spoken to the people next door and they told me they had the same trouble so changed to another provider because talktalk could not sort it.

Can anyone advise me how to get this sorted i am fed up of my router restarting while i am online/watching i players,prime video ect.

Dave

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 41 of 45

Hi Chris yes there is some noise on the line but not all the time also sometimes when i answer the phone my router restarts.

Dave

0 Likes

Message 42 of 45

Hi Dave, thanks for updating your profile,

Line test is picking up a potential issue, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 45

Hi Chris profile updated

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 44 of 45

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Community

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes