Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

strange happenings on my pc

62 REPLIES 62
Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi there so sorry to be bothering you again, but have tried live chat and got fed up with them telling me what i already know , but i had this same problem some time ago and i think it was Chris who sorted it out. My computer seems to be going to fast and all sites are lagging behind . I looked in the router stats and it says speed 3702  , and i dont want fast speeds at all just to be able to use wifi for my phone etc, and my pc to be stable so that its not lagging behind when i want to browse , hope Chris sees this as he knows what i mean .

Kind Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Hi

I've optimised your line, but I am showing a lot of errors on the wifi side.

Do you have access to another router to rule this out as a possible culprit ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Sorry Karl but i dont have another router . Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Thank you Debbie that would be great . Regards  Mrs Magoo.

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie , i will let you know , only have to get the man who services my pc  to replace the router as my cctv is connected to wifi and  dont know if this automatically connects ok. 

Regards Mrs Magoo.

Community Team
Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie, recieved the router, thank you, but i dont know  when il get it set up as the man who does my pc for me is away in South Africa for a few months, and i dont want to attempt it as ive no idea how to set up the cctv with a new router . Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi again, terrible crackling on my phone for a few days now, and think it might be down to Openreach who are doing a lot of work on the park where i live they have told me that due to the old wiring they are having to lay new piping and draw new wires through it  but they didnt think it should interfere with my phone like it is. have  tried the various things like disconnecting things but the noise is awful, do you think this is what is interfering with my wi-fi and causing it to keep disconnecting . Regards  Mrs Magoo .

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and one telephone?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Thanks

Chris

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Chris, yes i do have a test socket and the router is plugged in to it with the telephone , i have 3 telephone sockets   have tried it with a just a corded phone in but still get the crackling on line , but its not on every call i get  but it is the majority of calls .  Regards Mrs Magoo

Kimberly02
First Timer

I dont know  when il get it set up as the man who does my pc for me is away in South Africa for a few months, and i dont want to attempt it as ive no idea how to set up the cctv with a new router . Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Thanks for the information. So just to confirm, you still hear the crackle with just a corded telephone connected to the test socket and the router disconnected? If you do I'll log this over to our network team for further investigation 

Chris

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Chris, and yes still get the crackling , but as i said its not on every call , and i thought it was because Bt have been putting new wires in the park where i live and have been doing it for quite awhile now. Do you think this is why im getting problems with my wi-fi ?  Regards  mrs magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

I've raised this to our network team for further investigation. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates 

(I'm not sure if this is affecting your broadband connection, the signal to noise ratio (SNR) looks stable)

Chris

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One
Hi Chris , haha sorry but forgot how to bump my post not only got bad eyes but memory aint so good either hehe . Regards Mrs Magoo .
Community Team
Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Ok thanks Chris    Regards Mrs Magoo