cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

talktalk tells me there is a problem with my broadband

lisbeth
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

hi, i did a speed test it was 2.5 download, 0.4upload. i pay £32  a  month. there was a message from talktalk that said there is a problem with my broadband said they need my mobile phone number to do this. my mobile number is in my account details. Also it did not tell me how i go about getting this test done and i  cannot find any answers. ???

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi lisbeth

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi

i've a router on the way to you so this ca be tested.

If your phone socket is split it may have a test socket inside.

Here is a link to our Youtube video showing how to test at the test socket.

How to connect to your test socket - YouTube

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

lisbeth
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

thankyou debbie

i have not tested with another router as i do not have a spare one.  what or where is the test socket please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi lisbeth

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the sync speed is low.

Is the router currently at the test socket?

Have you tested with a different router?

0 Likes

lisbeth
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

thankyou for replys . i will add the info that you said i should

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi lisbeth

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @lisbeth,

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.