Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't access email accounts at all.

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Participant

trying to access website via imac, iphone and ipad, nothing working getting certificate error 'An error occurred during a connection to www.talktalk.co.uk. Peer’s Certificate has been revoked. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE'

I am getting many junk mails, checked and a security site tells me my talktalk e mail account has been hacked!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @cranston 

We're seeing certificate errors come up for the talktalk.co.uk website pages but you should be able to sign in to TalkTalk Mail here. (https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite).

Let us know if you're still experiencing difficulty signing in.

If a website such as haveibeenpwned is advising that your email address is showing as compromised in a data breach then the fix is to make sure your password has been changed to make sure that it's ultra-strong and unique in every place you use it.

Have you set up Reset details and checked that those are up to date for your talktalk mailbox? Just asking to make sure you have the means of resetting your password if needed.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

this is what I'm getting on my i phone

talktalk.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Star

Agreed...and if you direct your 'phone browser to: https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite

What do you see?

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Hi Gondola
I was getting the same message as others. I copied the link you gave and it worked ok.
What does that mean is wrong please ?
Kind regards
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Robot5 

There are different certificates in use and it's one particular certificate that some Internet browsers are faulting when querying the certificate validity for talktalk.co.uk. The certificate is actually in date so quite where the root cause is has to be determined.

I have found that my Chrome browser on Windows 10 works ok but Edge and Firefox fail on the talktalk.co.uk family (except as noted above).

As a temporary workaround for Firefox, you can set the browser not to confirm the current validity of certificates.

Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy & Security

Scroll down and untick Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certificates.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Great work Gondola thanks for the posts. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Star

...you're welcome.

It's teamwork with other great contributors to Community also flagging up and helping.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Nevertheless, you continue to make a very valuable contribution and it's greatly appreciated by all. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi all

I believe the certificate security issue is now resolved. Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers all now working on the talktalk.co.uk website family.

A new certificate verified by Sectigo Limited is in place.