cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel Email Server Down via Horde Login

17 REPLIES 17
Conversation Starter

The Horde login is failing to connect to the server as well as Outlook 2010 from my laptop times-out. Are there problems again with the legacy Onetel email accounts?

https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/login.php

Can @OCE_Ady or @Gondola assist please?

Conversation Starter

Task 'XXXXXXX@onetel.com - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 247cookie, an incident has been raised. Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter

I've had two instances this evening when a number of queued emails suddenly came through. One earlier and another at about 23:00

I guess that there might be a big backlog of emails to come through the server?

Hi 247cookie, is everything working normally for you now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Team Player

No, the same issue.

The question is why isn't there a status page to show the issue?

Popular Poster

Still very very slow with incoming emails but outgoing seem fine. Does anyone know the exact problem or is it just an overload with the system

First Timer

I’ve been having problems with Onetel email since yesterday. Got some emails, partially, and can’t open Horde log in page - says server not responding. Nothing this morning. My partner also has Onetel email and cannot get any emails since yesterday lunchtime. Is someone at Talktalk working on this issue please as it’s not on the service dashboard?  Thanks. 

Conversation Starter

At first glance it would appear so - thank you.

What was the problem?

Does it affect every onetel user?

Team Player
Affects everyone. Some emails are coming through sporadically is you use a email client such as Thunderbird.
Mailzone has fatal errors - too many connections.

I wonder if old emails were lost.

Hi all, the team are still investigating this. We're expecting updates later. 

Ady

Conversation Starter

Thanks @OCE_Ady , Yes emails coming in are sporadic and slow, but at least they are coming in now.

We look forward to your updates later

I'll post updates as soon as I get them for you.

Ady

Conversation Starter

I've still not seen any updates or reasons for the email difficulties, but it's good to see that emails are now all OK.

Be safe

Community Star

Ady will be relieved.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Team Player

Guess what? It's down yet again.

Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Appreciate it's been a while since your post are you still having issues? 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Conversation Starter

All seems to be OK for me thanks @StephenF