Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access Email

5 REPLIES 5
First Timer

Hello,

Can I have some help/direction please. I'm unable to access my emails and the forgotten password option sends an email to the account I can't access. How do I gain access?

Thanks

Daniel

First Timer

Hi, can talktalk support please help me with this same issue? I cannot access my email and the password reset link goes directly to the inaccessible account.

Daniel

First Timer

Hi. I urgently require email access but cannot gain entry as i no longer know the password. The online reset option is sending the link to the account i cannot access. How do i get around this? I appreciate you are busy but this is extremely urgent for me. Any help would be great. Thanks

Daniel

Community Star

Hi @DanielForde 

Provided the password has not been reset then if you're a TalkTalk broadband or MailPlus customer and know the current password you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify you as the registered email user, secure your mailbox and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

Heads up that this is not a quick fix.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to an OCE_ only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for the response although none of the first section applys because i am unable to access the account at all. I do not know the password anymore.

This is an old Tiscali account i use, which obviously has become talktalk so no other forms of verification were added. I look forward to verifying details with a member of the support team, thanks for alerting them to this.

I look forward to their response. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @DanielForde,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

As @Gondola mentioned please can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

SimonB