cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't send emails on DSL.pipex account

caveman60
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have a legacy DSL.pipex email account which I pay for using mail plus. Recently. I have been unable to send messages on any of my apple devices....just get error message "Cannot Send Mail The sender address was invalid" No problem receiving mail and have tried re-entering email address and password in the incoming mail server section of account details to no avail. (There doesn't appear to be any user changeable settings for the outgoing server apart from SMTP which is set to smtp.talktalk.net

Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

How are you getting on? Do you require any assistance? Or can we close this topic?

I'd appreciate your time to let us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Sender address invalid means that the sending email address does not match the pipex email account email address / credentials.

But there are customers reporting that sending may require the Username and password entering. This is usually because the outgoing smtp servers are detecting a weak password. So, if you think the password may not comply with the current security requirements please upgrade the pipex mailbox password.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes