cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

EMAIL ACCOUNT - Creation

MartinSmyth
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Dear All,

I n August this year I wanted to create a Talk Talk email account.  I needed this as it is a "Paid for" ISP email account rather than a free one.  This is required for security access to some special sites.  Talk Talk had a message on the website apologising for the non function of creation of emails, but it would be back in September.  September came and no function for email creation was resumed. This is still the case 5 months down the line.  I have no Talk Talk email whatsoever and cannot create such an email account with ongoing unacceptable feedback from customer service.  Does anyone know what is going on.  Normally in IT, a service is kept running until migration and switchover.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The only paid for service is the subscription service MailPlus for former TalkTalk customers that wished to retain the full use of an existing email address or addresses (up to 5).

TalkTalk have never charged broadband customers for email it being provided free for existing broadband customers and for TalkTalk it is financed via advertising content on webmail and or dealt with as an overhead cost in the same way as customer support is dealt with.  There are no charges for customer support it's part of the package. On a like for like broadband deal a new customer pays no less when they don't have email as part of the service or don't use customer support. 

If the overhead costs of including something in a package becomes unsustainable then just as other ISP's cease or limit such services or start charging for them so will TalkTalk. TalkTalk recently took the business decision to cease providing the TalkTalk TV Store and deleted all content including customer purchased content. This was done to save the costs of running the TV Store service and paying licence fees to store digital online content. Controversial, yes!

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Many thanks for your swift response.

I'm fully aware of other providers that I can purchase a paid for email account.  That may be the best solution.

But having paid for one in the first place with Talk Talk, as a service, I was rather hoping that I could use one provided and already "Paid For".

Annoyingly I suppose Talk Talk reserves the right to remove any service and still keep charging for it, as a package.  That's very controversial.

Thanks for the info.  I'm noticing other ISP's already ceasing email services.

Martin

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi MartinSmyth 

If you wish to have a secure paid for email account then there are plenty of options to choose from. Just two that come to mind The Very Good Email Company operated by APM Internet that have a great support team and Ionos for plenty of options.

TalkTalk's project plan for migrating mailboxes to the OX Mail 8 Cloud platform was to identify active mailboxes and migrate in batches over a period of time. So, a business decision was taken to stop any changes to the list of mailboxes for the duration of the batch migrations.

The migration took longer than expected. We haven't been advised when or if the mailbox create function will be restored. It is even a possibility that if restored there may also be a cost involved to create new addresses. Not positively confirmed but TalkTalk have reserved the right to charge for email in the future is my understanding.

Most other mainstream ISP's have ceased providing email for new customers or simply ceased to provide any email service.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes