cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email blocked to other Talktalk accounts

Iantech
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I have two Talktalk email addresses. one is on lineone.net and the other is on tiscali.co.uk. This week I have found that emails sent from lineone.net are not being received in other Talktalk email accounts. Mutliple addressees receive the emails in gmail, hotmail and other email providers, but not talktalk.net and not even my tiscali.co.uk account. My lineone.net account was upgraded to the new webmail format a few weeks ago, but even then the other talktalk.net accounts were receiving the emails. Bizarrely it seems that this week Talktalk is blocking my emails to other Talktalk accounts.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

What will have happened is that the CBS mail servers had trouble delivering an email to you, got a bounceback from the TalkTalk Mail servers and so their servers suppressed sending. It's standard practice for bulk mail servers to add an email to the suppression list and from then on send no emails. The way that CBS fixed it by themselves is to remove the stop on sending.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Iantech
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Yes thanks it is working, but strangely two months ago I received a letter from Coventry Building Society saying my lineone address had been rejected by their system, although they had been using for years. I contact them and they said they had received wrong information from Talktalk and fixed it the next day. Maybe somebody in Talktalk does not know all your email addresses.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Not sure if you've seen that this issue may be fixed. Please retest and let us know. Thanks.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Iantech 

The issue of the on-platform sending fail from lineone.net mailboxes to other TalkTalk Mail accounts is being investigated.

Include in your Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer lineone email address

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile