cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email synch

ConfusedK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I synched my iPhone X, iPad and MacBook over a year ago. I unsynched iPhone and iPad about 6 months ago.  I’ve tried over last few months to re-synch iPad and iPhone without success.  iPad is not receiving any emails so I followed instructions on screen to go to Settings.  I have changed password and saved but message now says invalid email address.  I’ve gone to Accounts - I can see the email address is greyed out on first Account page.  On page to choose default email correct address is ticked. I’m going around in circles. Followed all instructions on TalkTalk page.  MacBook which is old and Entourage email receives ok but doesn’t send! I’ve checked send SSL etc etc.  Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Have you completely removed the email account from Imail and then restarted the Ipad and reinstalled it.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ConfusedK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks. I followed Apple instructions and all ok - on my iPad not sure everything stays as i change it as when I return after doing everything the message says invalid email please enter valid …etc. I can’t move in without saying ok. So back to square one. 
I’m not sure about the TLS1.2 but when I synched originally all worked ok.  I was lending my iPad to partner in hospital and unsynched. It wasn’t used in the end. And ever since then I haven’t been able to receive email - it appears to sending out. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi ConfusedK, so you've made sure all your devices are TLS1.2 compatible and you've used the settings provided in the Email Settings help article?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes