cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not sending

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

IMG_0399.jpeg

Intermittent problems sending emails. Problem started last night. I had been sending / receiving emails via the app on my iPhone but was also then using webmail on my laptop. Last night I couldn’t send mail via webmail - an error message came up. I was able to  send using the app on my phone. But later it also stopped working on my phone. The message on my phone was “ The server rejected one of the recipient's addresses. The message has been placed in your Outbox”. This morning the messages had sent. But now I’ve just tried sending another email (tried 3 times) from the app on my phone and I’m getting the message as per the attached image. Thank you. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Aww thank you so much for explaining all of that and it makes perfect sense. Appreciate your help. Thank you for being here to offer advice and assistance. 😊

Message 2 of 5

Just to explain that the system will put a stop on sending or rate-limit sending if it suspects concurrent logins to be from geographically distanced locations. For example, a login from your home broadband and at the same time a login from another device but via a VPN that is set to use an overseas host server. So one login will be from the UK, another from overseas and that will trigger a suspicious activity alert.

So, if you do use a VPN or a work connection for any emailing then try to ensure you're not logged in to your mailbox from anywhere else.

Use of an iPhone app and webmail at the same time should be perfectly good so long as the access points for those connections don't get detected as being hugely distanced.

Pleased that you're back in control.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hello Gondola 

Thank you so much for your reply. 
Mail is now sending ok from both my iPhone app and webmail. I did as you suggested - logged onto webmail and sent the same email address a test email and it arrived in my inbox and also appeared in sent items. It all seems to be working correctly now. I think it must have been because I was using the app and webmail at the same time. Many thanks for your help. I’ll report back if I encounter any further issues.  

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The error message on the iPhone suggests the talktalk.net email address and password don't match.

Can you sign in to webmail, and when signed in to your mailbox, compose and send the same mailbox a message to check the message appears in the Sent objects folder and then arrives in the Inbox.

Did you get signed in OK? If so, did you receive a send error message? Need that in full to understand what's happening.

It's possible that your sending was rate limited because of suspect spam sending - addresses rejecting your mail messages - and then the password reset as a security measure.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution