email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to reset an e-mail password

DanMcalughlin
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

The password for one of my talktalk e-mail addresses isn't working. I want to reset one of the passwords for my e-mail.

If I go to the page to reset the password it wants to know the what the old password is - but the old password is the one that isn't working.

If I try to reset the password it wants to e-mail the link to do this to my talktalk e-mail address - which I can't access because the password isn't working.

What can I do?

Daniel McLaughlin
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

I see your PM now but it says I need to use a secure link and I can't see the secure link? Where would it be?

Daniel McLaughlin
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

My personal messages seem to be enabled now so you should be able to send to me now. Thanks.

Daniel McLaughlin
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Do you need to enable personal messages for me or something so I can see them?

Daniel McLaughlin
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi OCE_Ady

How can I see the personal message you sent? I don't see any place to get to it. Sorry.

Daniel McLaughlin
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

My PM will have to wait for you PMs to be enabled which will be Monday. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi DanMcalughlin, I've sent you a personal message. Please answer all the questions in the secure verification link. If you aren't certain of your telephone enquiry password please say don't know/have password and answer the alternate questions. 

Please also reply to my personal message with the alternate email address for password reset tools. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

OK, if the old computer isn't working there's no chance of inspecting a saved login so just hang on until a TalkTalk Staff member replies here. Hopefully, this will be picked up on Friday. But if not then it'll be next week. It'll probably be next week before the Reset details are set up.

As it appears it may not be a compromised mailbox and just a lost password then no need to worry so just be patient.

A tip for the future is to review the Reset details now and then to make sure they're still current and correct. More advice in the help page Changing your email password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 8 of 10

Thanks

I have filled in the details as you asked.

I have always used the password for this via Outlook (so I didn't have to type it in - however it was working OK).

My old computer has stopped working so I need to set it up again on a new computer.

However when I put in what I thought was the password it doesn't work anywhere - Outlook, webmail or on the password reset- don't know why. 

Daniel McLaughlin
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @DanMcalughlin 

I'll let TalkTalk know that you haven't set up password reset options and you need their help to recover access to the mailbox.

A TT Staff member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details with your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be reset I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.  Just in case your mailbox has been compromised and someone unauthorised has changed the password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution