cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

IMAP access withdrawn

SHL01
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

It appears my IMAP access has been withdrawn as of 17th because some device or service connected to my mailbox is using insecure settings. Webmail works.

I access through Outlook on Windows, Android, iPad, iPhone and Mac - all with fairly new OS.

How can I find out which device isn't connected properly or how can I can get my IMAP access back?!

Any ideas gratefully received.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

SHL01
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Ady. Thanks for your help again. My wife's email came back online today.

Best

Simon

Message 3 of 9

Hi Simon, I've added your wife's mailbox to the list. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Private Message

Message 4 of 9

Morning Ady

My email is now back working - thanks for getting that sorted. But... now my wife's has stopped! Her email address is *******@ukgateway.net.  Could you ask them to restore IMAP access to that mailbox please.

Best

Simon

Message 5 of 9

You're welcome. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 9

Thanks very much Ady.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi SHL01, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be sorted.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi SHL01 

I'll request access is restored and that'll happen next week if all looks good with the devices and ability to use secure settings. Add your email address to your Community Profile Private Notes and Save Changes so that TalkTalk can pick that up.

So, if you'd kindly list the devices and their operating systems and the email versions in use then an initial check for compatibility can be made. e.g.like this:

Windows 11, Windows Mail, Outlook 365

Mac OS 10.12 Sierra and Mac Mail

In the meantime guides are given below. If you need help cross-checking the settings in use then the best way is to take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address / username, upload here using the picture icon (mobile browser) camera icon (desktop browser) above this Reply area.

An initial check of the incoming server ports is a good way. If port numbers are 110, or 143 that's an insecure setup. IMAP secure incoming is port 993, POP3 secure incoming is 995 and SMTP outgoing is 587.  Password authentication is by the Normal password.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution