cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lost Pipex authentication

jonb4
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I cannot access my Pipex email. Put my email/clients details into the private section of my profile. Running POP and would very much like to continue rather than going to IMAP.

Please advise.

Kind regards

Jon

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Jon, I'm told it'll be sorted shortly.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

jonb4
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Morning Ady & Gondola

Just asking for an ETA?

Cheers

Jon

Message 3 of 10

You're welcome Jon.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

jonb4
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Ady !!

Jon

Message 5 of 10

Hi Jon, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

jonb4
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Thank you Gondola - much appreciated!

Kind regards

Jon

Message 7 of 10

You didn't tell me up front that you have a notification from TalkTalk that your mailbox will have device access removed because of continued use of insecure encryption security settings.

So yes your mailbox access now needs to be restored to be able to use the settings I have provided. All devices must use secure settings or your mailbox access will be withdrawn again.

I'll request full access for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

jonb4
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Gondola

Thank you for your quick reply. Very grateful

However none of the new settings work - I checked them when I received the 'must update' email, all OK. I put my email and client/os details into the private area of my profile.

I see you are getting a lot of the same questions across the board - could it be it's more than just wrong settings?

Kind regards

Jon

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi jonb4 

No reason why you need to have an IMAP email account if POP3 suits your preferences. I'll give you a settings guide that includes POP3 for pipex email so you can see what the incoming and outgoing server settings and password authentication looks like.

For more tailored advice I'd need to know the devices you're using, the Operating system, the email software and software version.

The email client software / app may require updating of email settings. All TalkTalk Consumer mailboxes use the same Email Settings. See  TalkTalk Mail Support Hub

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to remember or save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full Pipex email address
Password Pipex email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

Apple/Mac Mail Connection Security is use TLS/SSL

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution