cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No email over WiFi

Flumoxd
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Need help with an email problem, please.

It appears that we're no longer able to sed/receive email over Wifi for any of our four 'heritage' Tiscali accounts. Strangely, if we switch to mobile data, then all emails will download. If we use webmail to access them, the emails are all there. But we cannot get to them in our usual way using WiFi on any of our devices.

We've on FTTP that's running normally with 164 Mbps down and 99 Mbps up. Nevertheless, we've powered down both the Fibre Connection Box and the Router, then left them for 10+ minutes before turning both back on, but this hasn't changed anything.

I'm at a loss what to do next, so value any input on troubleshooting. Thanks.

A customer since 2006
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@Flumoxd wrote: ...nothing changes except the data provider...

...when using the secure mail settings required for the TalkTalk Mail connection.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Flumoxd
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Many thanks for your prompt response. It's appreciated.

Before I go to into settings, can you indicate how these settings might impact a device's ability to access mail over mobile data, but not over TT's own WiFi/broadband? In other words, nothing changes except the data provider.

A customer since 2006
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Good to know that TalkTalk Mail webmail is working for your email accounts.  Check that you're using the correct and recommended TalkTalk Mail settings and not the 'heritage' or legacy tiscali.co.uk server settings.

The email client software / app may require updating of email settings. All TalkTalk Consumer mailboxes use the same Email Settings. See  TalkTalk Mail Support Hub

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to remember or save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

Apple/Mac Mail Connection Security is use TLS/SSL

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.
TalkTalk may also choose to disable POP3 connectivity which is why IMAP email is recommended.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution