cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Outlook 2007 email settings

rowlap
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 17 of 17

utter utter rubbish, does not matter what operating system or mobile app you try to use talktalk mail will not work with any

I have tried every app there is and always the same result..... either password is incorrect(total rubbish or else would not be able to access web mail) or cannot connect/communicate with server....... rubbish, rubbish, rubbish

I cannot wait until I have migrated all of my email off talktalk and I can dump this extremely unreliable provider forever....

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

That's great news rowlap, thanks for letting us know

Chris

Message 2 of 17

Hi Ady,

I have just managed to add it.

Thank you for your help with this.

Paul..

Message 3 of 17

Hi Paul, it should have been done by now. Please let me know if not. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 17

Hi Ady,

How much longer will I have to wait for my mailbox to be restored do you know?

It has been over 48hrs but I still cannot add my talktalk account to an email app.

Thanks

Paul

Message 5 of 17

You're welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 17

Thanks Ady

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 17

Hi rowlap, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Message 8 of 17

I make no suggestion to try POP3 only that you cannot mix IMAP settings for a POP3 account or vice versa.

The type of email account you want is defined by you. Assuming that you are confident with how each type of account works. Whatever you choose, with whatever software you choose must use secure settings and SSL/TLS generic encryption to the TLS 1.2 minimum standard required for TalkTalk Mail on all devices and services that connect to your TalkTalk mailbox.

Yes, I agree, wait for TalkTalk to restore mailbox access and then set up the BlueMail app.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 17

Make my mind up???...... which bit of it doesn't matter if I try either of them then I get the same result.

You suggested trying POP3 in your reply

I will wait for full access to be restored and then try once again

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Your image title says POP3. So are you setting up an IMAP email account (as per the IMAP account settings you showed earlier) or a POP3 email account?

IMAP secure accounts use the incoming server port 993

POP3 secure accounts use the incoming server port 995

You cannot use port 995 with an IMAP account because an IMAP account will issue IMAP commands not recognised by the POP3 server on the end of port 995... and vice-versa, you cannot use port 993 with a POP3 account because of POP3 commands not recognised by the IMAP server on the end of port 993.

Make your mind up time... is it POP3 or IMAP accounts you wish to set up?

But, if IMAP and POP connectivity is switched off then that needs to be switched back on first. All that's required here is to ensure you know what settings to use with the email software of your choice and the email account type of your choice.

As we're almost there I've asked that full access is restored for the mailbox email address that you will have added to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there)

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Message 11 of 17

will not let me past incoming server settings as POP3 or IMAP

POP3 Fail Incoming SettingsPOP3 Fail Incoming Settings

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

You @rowlap hijacked another person's topic titled Outlook 2007 and posted a comment about the advice being given saying "utter utter rubbish..." So YOU rowlap are the cause of this topic being wrongly titled if you weren't using the deprecated Outlook 2007 software.

You show the advice for device settings given in TalkTalk Mail webmail. This is generic advice only and does not cover individual email software that may well have different descriptions of setting up SSL/TLS for secure encrypted connections.

You then show the BlueMail mobile app setup for incoming mail. The description below is for the Mobile BlueMail app and is for an IMAP email account. If anyone uses BlueMail set up as a POP3 account then the only difference is the port number 995 for the incoming Server Settings.

Bluemail (Mobile app)

• Tap the triple horizontal open dots (bottom right)
    or Home (top centre) and then the triple horizontal open dots labelled More
  • Tap Accounts or Accounts Settings
  • Tap Home
    Tap Edit Account
    Tap Incoming/Outgoing Settings

Incoming Server Settings

• Username: Your full TalkTalk email address
  • Password: Your TalkTalk email password
  • IMAP Server: mail.talktalk.net
  • Security: SSL/TLS (check certificate)
  • Authentication: PLAIN
  • Port: 993
  • Tap NEXT bottom right

Outgoing Server Settings

• SMTP Server: smtp.talktalk.net
  • Security: STARTTLS (check certificate)
  • Tick: Require sign in
  • Authentication: Automatic
  • Username: Your full TalkTalk email address
  • Password: Your TalkTalk email password
  • Port: 587
  • Tap NEXT bottom right
  • Tap the blue back-arrow < top left
  • Tap the Inbox icon bottom left

Use the above settings exactly as shown and your mailbox will not have the password authentication error UNLESS Your mailbox has the  IMAP4 / POP3 connection ability switched off as an action of last resort to stop the use of previously insecure settings on whatever software you were using if not Outlook 2007. All connections must use secure SSL / TLS encryption so if you also need advice for other mail collection services / software then now's the time to say.

Let me know if you still get the BlueMail authentication error and I'll request full access for your mailbox is restored for the mailbox email address that you will have added to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there).

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Message 13 of 17

talktalk settings.jpgBlueMail.jpgBlueMail settings.jpgBlueMail fail.jpg

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

who said anything about using outlook2007, try reading the post fully.......

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Hi rowlap 

Good to know that you can access TalkTalk Mail webmail which means the mailbox is working.

Your mailbox will have had IMAP4 / POP3 connection ability switched off as an action of last resort to stop you using insecure mail settings on outdated insecure software. So until you are ready to use only the secure settings advised by TalkTalk last year, and again this year, your mailbox will not accept any connection from any email software and you'll be limited to webmail only access.

A stop on sending is easily resolved by not using port 25 for outgoing TalkTalk email addresses, using currently supported email software and settings including outgoing server authentication (not Outlook SPA though) and a login using Username (TalkTalk email address) and password as shown in the Email Settings guide below.

If your mailbox is limited to webmail only access for both sending and receiving mail, you will be able to get access restored to email apps or email software, including mail collection services, passwords will then re-authenticate, so long as you're ready to use supported email software and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails.

We can advise on device and software compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

For a definitive check of email settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Even Microsoft no longer support Outlook 2007 with their own servers. You cannot expect to use an outdated client indefinitely. Why not just upgrade and with the help provided here there is no reason why you cannot carry on using TalkTalk mail.

0 Likes