cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spam Filters not working

AGH55
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi

I'm currently getting approx. 10 emails per day which are clearly spam, the spam filters are not identifying the mail as Spam and are being directed to my inbox.

How do I check if the Spam filter has been invertedly disabled, or can you adjust the filter to be more stringent in its vetting procedure's

I know I can write rules, but I would like the filters to identify the majority of this type of mail.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi AGH55,

Thanks for the update. Sorry, no you can't alter the strength of the Spam filter

Chris 

0 Likes

AGH55
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Michelle

Thanks for your reply, they are from different e-mail address, approx 25 with the same Subject name but different email addresses. They are "encouraging" you to clink links to win prizes. I have reported them as Spam on Webmail.

With some Service Providers you can alter the strength of the Spam filter, can this be done on TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

Are they all from the same email addresses? Have you reported the spam emails?

How to report Spam

If you're using our TalkTalk mail, then it's really easy: you can either select multiple emails from the inbox, or from inside the email you can select the Mark as Spam button at the top. This will be investigated and if seen as spam then it will be blocked.

Auto Deletion of Trash: Any messages that are in the Spam and Trash folders will be automatically deleted after 30 days. 

Phishing emails & everything you need to know - TalkTalk Help & Support

Michelle

0 Likes