cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spoofing

Longtermuser
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 4 of 4

I have had an @talktalk . net email for years and would like to keep it as it is used for logging into various accounts connected with my work as a volunteer.   Since February, I have started to receive email from 'myself' using the email.  A typical email (sent form myself) has the title 'Urgent Alert: Your [Subscription] has_expired! Take-Action_Now to Avoid Risk! '  

I don't want to mark that as 'spam' as this may mean that I may have to retrieve other legitimate emails from Junk.

This morning (31st March 2024) I have attempted to change my password, but there is some Talktalk temporary maintenance so I can't do that.      I am getting very worried by what is undoubtedly a data breach.

Advice please.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Email spoofing happens when your email address is known to spammers and scammers. It is often temporary because if the spammers get no results by faking your address then they'll move quickly on to using someone else's email address.

Compromised or spoofed accounts

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ramones
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I have the same issue and have reported everyone to phishing@talktalk.co.uK as requested and also changed my password but I am still receiving them. 

So at a loss what to do other than to change and stop using talktalk

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

What I've seen so far is a new wave of spam from Canada that spoofs the recipient's email address. Your TalkTalk Mail address has got into the hands of spammers so inevitably a whole range of techniques are used, including spoofing, to get their spam into your mailbox. Details below for Compromised versus Spoofed email accounts.  Please report to TalkTalk Security by forwarding to phishing@talktalk.co.uk

Check that your webmail access is working ok for send and receive. If you don't see any suspicious activity in your Sent folder or Trash folder then your mailbox is probably secure. If in doubt or if your password is weak or unchanged for a long time then it's best to upgrade the password.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Phishing emails & everything you need to know

Compromised or spoofed accounts

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution