cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Talktalk email are disappearing from my in box

Donald201
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 5 of 5

My emails are disappearing from my In Box this happens on my Desktop, Laptop & Tablet. It has happened on several occasions over the past few weeks and I cannot get them back, all the other folders ie Trash, Sent, Drafts are okay.

I see this has happened to other people. Please advise

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Looks like you found the POP3 email account that was downloading and deleting the Inbox.  So, save the wanted emails from Windows Live Mail (WLM) on the Toshiba Notebook and then delete the email account from the Notebook to stop it connecting to the mailbox. 

The only thing that surprises me is that WLM is not supported by TalkTalk Mail so I might have expected it not to connect. But if you're saying it has all the recent emails in its Inbox then it must have connected.

This does raise the issue of the mailbox password. If the mailbox password is still the same as used by WLM on the Toshiba Notebook then a password upgrade is long overdue.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Donald201
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Thank you for your help.

This happens occasionally so I will have to wait and see.

I had a thought this morning. I have a old Toshiba Netbook that runs on Windows XP and has Windows Live Mail. I do not use it but recently opened it up to see if it was still working. All my Inbox e-mails were there. Do you think this is the culprit and should I delete it

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Donald201 

Have you recently set up a new mail account to collect your emails either to an online service like Gmail or to a new device? The indication is that someone has set up a POP3 email account or mail collection service. If not you then someone has discovered your email password so you'd best scan your devices to remove password capturing virus, trojan or other malware and then upgrade your password. 

A POP3 email account or mail collection service in default settings would download and delete from the online Inbox. So every time that new account connects to your mailbox the contents of the Inbox disappear and are only on that new device or mail collection service. Only the Inbox is affected, no other folder.

Do you need additional advice?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution