cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

They have lost my email account

khanshirus2244
Participant
Private Message
Private Message

Message 30 of 31

I am hoping that there is a proper domain admin person on here that knows what they are doing and can sort this out before I cancel my total business talktalk services. 

Like most people last month i could no longer receive emails to my outlook or mobile phone. 

after many emails and tickets being raised .. with no help from the so called admin teams at all. All they kept doing was sending me the play by play responses saying, have you tried this ports have you updated your AV .. its a joke...   I am a 365 admin and i know for a fact it was because you stopped my ability to use imap or pop3 on my accounts..   and even though i kept telling them this nothing was done.   all i was promised was a phone call that never happened....   then to make matters 1000 times worst...  my email now doesn't work at all.... these people have deleted my actual email addresses..... 

if i try to email myself at obscured for customer security  or by using my proper account name of  obscured for customer security and now get the following message back  

This is the Mail-Delivery-Service.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients.

For further assistance, please contact your Mailadmin.

To: obscured for customer security

Subject: RE: test

mx.talktalk.net[62.24.202.42] reply 550 5.1.1 fGOwpXmvMeLT7 Recipient Invalid (TT506)

so for the past 11 days i can no longer receive emails and all my customers are getting bounce back which has cost me a s**t load of money in business.  let along loads of other personal emails i have lost. 

what is also funny .. if i login to the talktalk web app using my obscured for customer security I can see emails up till they stopped on the 7th .. and if i try to send myself a test email to one of my other accounts.. it lands..... but if i hit reply... again another bounce back saying the account doesn't exist.... 

you have some domain admin called tetchie or something like that and i am sure its that person who has messed this all up.

I have called their support, customer service even put in many complaints and nothing has been done to sort this out...  this is a disgrace..    

I am now at the point were i am ready to cancel all of their services and i will just have to deal with the lost of emails and having to change loads of websites and services that use my address,  

if there is someone on here that knows what they are doing and can fix this i would appreciate it. 

thanks

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Still no new on this so i going to have to start a complaint on this now as this really is a joke. 

Message 2 of 31

Ady ... any news on this please...   i really cannot have my email down any longer and i dont want to have to create a new email address and cancel talk talk business services . but if this is the case then fine. 

i just do not understand how hard it can be to re-instate an email address that talk talk have blocked.!!

Mark

Message 3 of 31

Hi Gondola .. no i appreciate your help as you have done more than any of the other domain admins, that keep saying they will call me back etc.  

I really don't understand how this has happen.. i know you say it was because my password wasn't secure enough so it was barred... yet I have another alias which password was not secure at all and its been like that for years .. yet that alias still works fine and i can get email to it..  i have now also changed that password, but my point is if that one is still working, why can't they just get the other one working...  

it was all working fine on the webmail until some person from talk talk domain admin got involved and then all of a sudden, my email address stopped working..   and even though for 3 weeks i have had open tickets with them .. nothing has been done.. apart from an admin saying he has sent me a couple of emails and never had a bounce back... come on......  i dont see how that is possible ..  everyday i try my email address and all i get back is the same bounce and i try it from three different accounts. 

this is just crazy that a company like talk talk can just lose someone email address or shall i say the lost of weeks of emails from a customer..   

but cheers for your help 

Message 4 of 31

I agree khanshirus2244 and I feel I've done all I can as a Community volunteer to support you. If you feel you've been let down then start a complaint. Not that I expect you to be able to get real help to reverse the symptoms of mailbox barring except via Ady.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Private Message

Message 5 of 31

Morning .. my emails are still bouncing back 

This is the Mail-Delivery-Service.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients.

For further assistance, please contact your Mailadmin.

To: m*********@dsl.pipex.com

Subject: test

mx.tiscali.co.uk[62.24.139.42] reply 550 5.1.1 hp7Mpa6BvjhIW Recipient Invalid (TT506)

come on gents this has been going on far to long......

Message 6 of 31

@Ady-TalkTalk as per my escalation notes to you in Workflow, Mark's mailbox appears to have been barred on or around 7 March because of a weak password and the mailbox recognition has not been restored subsequent to the upgrading of the password.

Grateful if you'd reply to confirm to Mark that the apparent barring is being removed.

Message 7 of 31

morning ady ...  i am not sure if everyone is on the same wave length here ... but my email address doesn't exist .   if you try to email me on the mkh*********@dsl.pipex.com it fails .. saying email doesn't exist...... its almost like the company (talktalk) have deleted the aliases .... 

as this is my main email address for 20 years, so you can understand why i am so p**sed about this...   i am losing money from clients not being able to email me and sorry nothing seems to be being done here... this has gone on for over 3 weeks and your telling me " profile are showing no restrictions" But when i send myself an email from any other email address .. i get 

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to mk*********@dsl.pipex.com because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

Hi Mark, the mailboxes in your profile are showing no restrictions. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

any news on this please

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

thanks .. all done.

cheers

Message 11 of 31

Private notes.

Message 12 of 31

hey ady

I click on the little icon and go to settings  .. i then can change the current email to my proper one.. but if i do that i will no longer get the messages from you to my other email address nor will i be able to verify the proper address... or is there somewhere else you want me to put it so you can just see it?

can you see my private notes...  i could put it in there if that helps

thanks 

Mark

0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Hi Mark, please add the affected email address to your community profile so that I can help with this. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 14 of 31

Morning Gondola, hope you had a good weekend..    I know it's early but i thought i would send an email from my webmail account to my work account to test it anything has been changed yet. When i now send an email from my webmail account to my work account, it came through .. but it came with my master email address....   not my proper alias address, but when i hit reply .. it still saids recipient invalid... which i know i am still barred as you mentioned..  

but i am now also concerned that people i send emails to from my mkh*******@dsl.pipex.com (Alias addy) is now showing as ap*****@dsl.pipex.com which is the master email address name.....  

but its a new week and i am sure they will sort it today/tomorrow.

thanks 

Mark

Message 15 of 31

No worries, I will.

Message 16 of 31

ok.. np ..  will you be chasing this up with them?   thanks  Mark

Message 17 of 31

I can see that the mailbox is still barred. If still barred on Monday then TalkTalk Support will need to intervene and manually unbar when they pick this topic up.

Message 18 of 31

HI .. once again thank you for the great support.. so to keep you up todate.

I have tried sending an email from my mk****** account by logging into the on line talk talk web mail account ..  and no email comes to my other account..

so i tried sending from my second account to my mk****** account i still get the account doesn't exist...   as you said it may take 24hrs for it to sort it self out. 

thanks 

Mark

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Confirmed weak password and mailbox barred just like yours, member mantaray. I've replied to your topic.

mantaray
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 31

Hi, 
Having very similar problems.
Like you the emails stopped getting through on 7th March. Probably not a coincidence.
mantaray

0 Likes