cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali Email Hacked

jbm66
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I don't have a Talk Talk account & view my emails through my mobile phone & TalkTalk webmail.

I recently received an email advising that I'd been hacked & they quoted my password;  they want me to pay them via bitcoin. They have changed my password & I can no longer login to my account. I've tried to reset the password online at TalkTalk using my mobile phone number but I keep getting an error message from TalkTalk. Please help. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Thanks for confirming the security information. I've raised the request for your password reset information to be updated. It will complete within 24 hours, you can check when its completed by going to Password Reset Tool intermittently until you see the details have changed. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi jbm66, I can help you change the password reset details if you want me to. I've sent you a private message to get more information so that I can do that. In the meantime make sure you run anti virus and malware scans on all of your internet connected devices that use the internet. They got your email and password from somewhere and you want to prevent it happening again. You can also check HaveIbeenpwned to see if they got your details from one of the recently hacked companies. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes