cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Transfer an e-mail address and e-mails from one TalkTalk account to someone elses TalkTalk account

JJTiscali
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My mother has a TalkTalk account for her house and uses a TalkTalk e-mail account. She has now moved into a care home and is selling her house so needs to close her TalkTalk account. I also have a TalkTalk account and want to know if mum's whole e-mail account can be transferred into my TalkTalk account as an additional e-mail address in an effort to ensure she does not lose any historic e-mail data,  e-mail contact list, her personal e-mail address or continuity of access to her history. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi JJTiscali, as Gliwmaeden2 has said I can add your mothers email address to your account. She would need to register on here and request it or if you have POA and its registered on her account I can do it at your request. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If it's possible to move the email address to your mailbox, it can only be done manually, by staff, @JJTiscali.

Make sure that you have completed your own personal information details (via your avatar; settings etc) and add your mother's details in Private Notes (at the end of that section). SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will reply during the week. 

Cancellation of her service would need to be done with her present, on a phone call to 03451 720088 (not open for this on Sundays).

ID needs to be passed.

Don't use Chat, as you still need to pick up a follow up phone call.

30 days' notice is required. There may be early termination fees if still in contract. 

If the mailbox idea isn't viable, you could sign her up for MailPlus:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-TalkTalk-Mail-Plus/ta-p/2374203

It comes with a monthly  / annual charge.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.