cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to display Tiscali emails

RussellC
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

When using webmail, secondary Tiscali email account is receiving emails but when they are clicked on to read I get the error...

Error

The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.tiscali.co.uk seems to be wrong. Please correct them.

Also emails from Tiscali accounts do not seem to be sending correctly.
This has been working successfully recently.

The password has been reset and works fine when viewing emails from IPhone IOS Mail.

Are there some current problems with Tiscali emails or do some further account settings need to be changed.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi RussellC, we're still in discussion with OX as they investigate the issue.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi Russell

TalkTalk are aware of the issue.

The error message relates to TalkTalk Mail webmail and one of the added secondary email accounts. The error happens because of a failure of re-authentication of the encrypted password. 

The issue will self correct when a fix is applied or you may have to EDIT the account and Save the settings to get the account re-authenticated.

You do however need to go into the accounts section now and edit the settings because you're not using the right setup.

• Select the settings cog icon top right
  • Select All settings
  • Select Accounts in the left side of the modal that opens
  • Select EDIT for the secondary tiscali.co.uk account in question
  • The incoming server name should be: mail.talktalk.net
    Connection security: SSL/TLS
    Server port: 993

Scroll down and select Save

You'll get an acknowledgement that the account is updated and it'll also work successfully. But will eventually fail and you'll see the same error message as you're currently reporting.

So if you wish to view mail messages then the workaround is to sign out of the current mailbox and sign in to the secondary mailbox. Not as convenient obviously as having all mail messages under the one login but needs must.

Or you can have all email accounts added to an email client like Thunderbird. IMAP mail connections are not affected.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution