cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

can't get mail on mail app and webmail not working?

Rebeccahardy
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

about 25 minutes ago my mail app on my laptop and phone suddenly told me i was unable to get mail, have tried to sort this to no avail. Tried to log in to webmail but once logged in it keeps saying an error has occurred and to try again later - need this sorted as i really need to be able to access my emails for work 

thanks

Rebecca Hardy
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

I'm guessing it was some sort of glitch in the system... tho an explanation from the powers that be would be nice.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Yes, all good this morning for me as well.

In fact TalkTalk Mail seemed to sort itself out last night during my previous post…Yahoo Mail though took longer and I believe came back about 2200hrs.

Not sure why all this happened and why two of my three email accounts decided to play up…coincidence may be.

0 Likes

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

It seems OK so far this morning.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Likes

Irene73
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

I am having the same problem.

0 Likes

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

I'm getting this on webmail "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request." Also Thunderbird is not connecting to the mail server either.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I've also tried getting mail over last half hour or so, either get password failure showing account off-line or it just fails to retrieve any messages (using Mac Client).

I've just this minute tried again and got them, so there does appear to be an intermittent problem which I guess will need time to resolve.

I would also advise not changing settings because this does seem to be a Server issue.

Strangely Yahoo Mail is also struggling tonight as well...glad I've got iCloud as a backup.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

I deleted my email from my mail account on my laptop and added it back and seems to be working again on that and webmail too - unsure if it was a problem on talktalks part that they fixed or if that fixed the issue!

Rebecca Hardy

Message 8 of 10

One of my e-mail accounts has just come back on webmail. Worth trying again now?

0 Likes

rightfoot_shifter
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Me too, so don't change your account settings yet. Anyone else having the same issue? Talktalk: what's going on and what should we do?

0 Likes