cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to receive verification emails from microsoft

adam_white
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

I am trying to log into my microsoft account, but In order to do this I need to enter a code that is sent to me via email, but I am receiving no such email. I have spoken to microsoft support and they have confirmed that the problem is on talktalk's side, filtering these emails so I don't receive them. Can you help me?

Edit: According to Microsoft the email being blocked is: 

account-security-noreply@accountprotection.microsoft.com

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Finally changes were made to move the sender address out of the spam list on Friday. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

well it's been more than a month. I had to wait a month for my details to change on microsoft, so I no longer rely on talktalk to log in to my microsoft account, And thank god that's the case because quite frankly this has been atrocious

I recommend everyone else do the same, change your login to a different email or phone number and wait out the month

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi adam_white, I just checked and we're blocking it for suspicious activity. I'm waiting for more information from the email admins.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 21

Yes, I still appear to be having the same problem.

0 Likes

ScammedAgain
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 21

Requested code from MS a few minutes ago, nothing received as yet

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 21

Hi all, are you still having the same problem? If you a re I'll run a 7 day check.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

@ScammedAgain, I'l re-escalate this thread for attention from staff. 

They won't be back before Monday, however. 

It's really better if people don't post further unless to let us know it is resolved, until staff respond.

It's actually more efficient if you each post your own thread for help, even for something that appears to be the same problem. 

That way there is a conspicuous increase of focus on the issue as a wider problem. 

All piling onto the same topic is likely to make less of an impact. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ScammedAgain
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 21

No near to resolving it after a week 😶

Also getting messages from my bank telling me there emails are bouncing 😞 

Message 9 of 21

I use IMAP, nothing in trash or junk.
I can confirm it's likely a talktalk issue, if I give microsoft an address from another provider the code comes through.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

I am checking my mail via the Talktalk website and no, there are no emails in my junk or spam

0 Likes

ScammedAgain
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 21

Nothing in spam folder if i check webmail and not in Outlook either. 

As confirmed below, as you are blocking them, as MS confirmed, we wont receive them. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 21

Hi,

Are you checking your email account via webmail? Have you checked the trash/junk folders?

Chris

0 Likes

scletts
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 21

Still broken for me too

0 Likes

ScammedAgain
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 21

Still broken for me

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would it be possible to retest today and confirm if this is still happening please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Jeremy55
First Timer
Private Message
Message 16 of 21

I have the same problem. Very annoying. Let's hope it's widespread and a big priority to fix tomorrow

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 21

It's a good idea to complete your community forum profile details at this stage, for staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; add your landline phone number  / account number in Personal Information. 

At the end of that section, in Private Notes, list affected email addresses. 

SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 21

Staff will reply during the week, @scletts & @adam_white.

scletts
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Also, my daughter can't email me from her hotmail (i.e. microsoft) account

0 Likes

scletts
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Not much help, I'm afraid but I have the same problem too.