cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to send email with PDF attachment

rml35a
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Unable to send emails with average sizes PDF attachments. I can do this OK from my Gmail a/c but not my TalkTalk a/c. Any ideas how to overcome this please?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

It's the total message size that's 25MB. So, email, attachments and encapsulation are limited to 25MB. But that does not guarantee the complete end to end delivery chain will reliably handle messages of this size.  I personally would not use email to send messages much over 10MB as it's more reliable to upload content to, say, Google Drive and share that content from there. 

Here's the advice on how to use Google Drive.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for your help so far. I'm just confused as to why the PDF will go fine with Gmail but not TalkTalk given that it's less than 25Mb. That said, could you give me an idiots guide as to how to upload to Cloud storage and getting the sharing link.........pensioner asking with only basic computer skills!! Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Try a smaller size of PDF just to test. Whilst 16MB should be accepted for sending it's a pretty large file. For large files I'd recommend uploading to cloud storage and just sending a sharing link via email. Google Drive for example or Dropbox?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

The message goes into the Sent folder indicating that it's gone, but clearly it hasn't as it sits in the sent folder in Bold type. Mystery!

I've sent emails containig jpeg photos to the same email recipient and these all go OK and are received. Just to complicate matters, I can send the PDF from our gmail a/c to the same recipient and it goes and is received fine, but it just won't go from our TalkTalk email a/c.

The PDF is 15944KB if that helps.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Bold would indicate an unread message whereas mail that's sent goes into the Sent folder as read.

Just confirm that mail outgoing to the same address but without any attachment does get sent.  And try attaching a jpg image file to check that mail outgoing to the same address with the image attachment does get sent.  

If all is good so far, try a different PDF file.

rml35a
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

No, no error message received. The email goes straight into the sent box but is highlighted in bold black print as opposed to the normal grey print to denote message sent.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I've just tested to see if there's a system fault. Nothing wrong here.

My TalkTalk Mail with a PDF file attached sent without any issue to a Gmail address and landed promptly in the Gmail Inbox.

The maximum sending size for messages is 25Mb.

Do you get a send error message?