cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Webmail giving errors on both my lineone.net and tiscali.co.uk email accounts

argchichester
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Help please 🙂

I am getting errors in webmail when I try to access my lineone.net and tiscali.co.uk email accounts (something wrong with account setup).

I have tried deleting the accounts and re-entering but with the same results.

Settings I am using are:

Name ******@lineone.net and *********@tiscali.co.uk (2 accounts)

Passwords ******** (Both correct)

Incoming server IMAP

Server name mail.talktalk.net

Security SSL/TLS

Port number 993

Outgoing server

Server name smtp.talktalk.net

Security SSL/TLS

Port number 587

(Rest of setting as incoming server).

Please help as I cannot receive any emails.

Hope to hear from you 🙂

P.S. The error I am getting is "The provided login data to access e-mail server mail.talktalk.net seems to be wrong. Please correct them." for both accounts.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

You're welcome. I wish I could do more. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi Ady.

Many thanks for that - much appreciated.

Regards Tony

Message 3 of 8

Hi Tony, this is still showing as a low priority incident and clearly isn't taking a lot of engineering time at OX. I'm still in touch with our incident team about the issue. When I have any news I'll post it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 8

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the explanation.

Regards Tony

Message 5 of 8

The error message "The provided login data to access e-mail server mail.talktalk.net seems to be wrong. Please correct them." is telling you that the password for the added TalkTalk secondary email account is wrong. This isn't true as its a failure to re-authenticate the account password that's encrypted with the primary account password.

You can get the secondary account authenticated by re-entering and saving the secondary account password. First time authentication always works and that'll give you a period up to the next time the encrypted password has to be reauthenticated after a time out. Sometimes this re-authentication works but mostly not.

The TalkTalk Mail vendor Open Xchange was supposed to be fixing this but the failure has now gone on for months.

The workaround is to add email accounts to an email client like BlueMail desktop or Thunderbird, for example.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

argchichester
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hello.

Many thanks for your fast response (as always).

I have reset the outgoing server security to StartTLS (I had been trying different settings to try to resolve the errors).

I am still getting error message "The provided login data to access e-mail server mail.talktalk.net seems to be wrong. Please correct them.".

However, I seem to be receiving email into my lineone account for now.

Thanks again, Tony

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I assume that as you say that the error is in webmail that the email accounts are secondary added TalkTalk emails to a primary TalkTalk Mail login.

There is a long standing secondary added TalkTalk email account failure of re-authentication of the encrypted password.

This is why you may not always see mail messages for secondary added TalkTalk Mail accounts. And there will be an error message drop down.

There is also an error in the Outgoing server Connection security that should be StartTLS.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes