cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

unwanted so called "email improvements" from talktalk

dazza5152
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I just received this email below fom talktalk - what is it about I am not interested if it is the cloud email you offer as i download all my email to my outlooks on my devices - really fed up reading these emails about web based services that i dont use or trust and not as good as dedicated email such as outlook in my opinion. I have multiple email addresses both for my broadband emails and my mail plus email accounts - surely I dont have to go through all of this over again for something i dont even want - i just want to keep downloading to my outlook without all this hassle? It isnt a breeze at all as described below just another pain in the neck, i dont want my emails to be interrupted especially for something i dont even use.

thanks

dazza

"We're thrilled to announce some significant enhancements to TalkTalk Mail! In our commitment to provide you with the best email experience, we're introducing several new features that will not only give your mailbox a fresh look but also make managing your emails a breeze. Here's what you can look forward to:

Action Required:

To ensure uninterrupted service and avoid any potential closure of your email account, please refresh your account details by 10 October 2023. This is a crucial step to prepare your account for the upcoming improvements...................."

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

hi Gliwmaeden2 & guyq7,

Many thanks for the advice for anyone else this scam email i received appeared to come from a f.norris@talktalk.net so watch out for that address - it could be that address is compromised by the scammers so may come from other email addresses too - i did not and will not click on that link just a bit surprised my security missed it - this was a pretty good fake email better than the usual dross scams but i was alerted when there was an exclamation mark in the subject trying to make it appear urgent - i cannot remember talktalk in recent times being so disorganised to need such an urgent response to what could be something so urgent - another to join the blocked senders list - some real low life out there sadly eager to defraud people of their hard earned

and thanks guyq7 i nearly forgot to check the email address and hover over the link as you suggested you are bang on correct an obvious fraud

cheers

dazza

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Information about the actual service upgrade is here, @dazza5152.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Webmail-Update/bd-p/webmailupdate

There have been several mentions recently of scammers exploiting this and there are always scams out there where you are warned that your email may cease to function in X days.

So never click on any links in these emails. 

Always sign in directly via the correct webmail address, which is included in the article I have posted.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

guyq7
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

I just seen these in a couple of my mailboxes this morning. They are fake, and phishing attempts. If you notice on the from address and then on the link, don't click, but hover, you notice it doesn't go to talktalk at all.

Talktalk wouldn't ask you to "refresh" account.

dazza5152
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

for some reason even this dont work correctly should look more like this!

Hi,

I just received this email below fom talktalk - what is it about I am not interested if it is the cloud email you offer as i download all my email to my outlooks on my devices - really fed up reading these emails about web based services that i dont use or trust and not as good as dedicated email such as outlook in my opinion. I have multiple email addresses both for my broadband emails and my mail plus email accounts - surely I dont have to go through all of this over again for something i dont even want - i just want to keep downloading to my outlook without all this hassle? It isnt a breeze at all as described below just another pain in the neck,

thanks

dazza

"We're thrilled to announce some significant enhancements to TalkTalk Mail! In our commitment to provide you with the best email experience, we're introducing several new features that will not only give your mailbox a fresh look but also make managing your emails a breeze. Here's what you can look forward to:

0 Likes