Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Download Speed Plummeted - Please check

5 REPLIES 5
nbrand
Whizz Kid

Good afternoon

My download speed has significantly plummeted since about 6pm last night.  Can you please check my line?

Kind regards

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

All tests are clear and router is in sync at 32.4mb.  What speeds are you seeing when tested wired this morning ?

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

nbrand
Whizz Kid

Hi OCE_Karl

Many thanks for this.  I saw an Open Reach van by the street cabinet which we are connected to this morning.  Speed has increased again. As a side issue my router has been connected for 79 days and has been showing a max download speed 32.4 mps since July 2020.  Has my speed been capped again as we had a similar issue last year when it was capped at 20.0?  This was eventually sorted out by OR installing a new master socket and resetting the DLM.  Would switching off the router and then connecting it to the test socket for a few days have any positive effect?  I am not able to test using a wired connection and nothing has changed on my set up (only have the master socket in use.  OR disconnected the upstairs extension when installing the new mister socket)

Many thanks

OCE_Karl

Hi

You could try connecting at the test socket.  If you do, power the router off for 30 minutes as this will allow a new session to start, then you can see if the profile increases.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

nbrand
Whizz Kid

UPDATE:

The router reconnected 4 days 18 hours ago which I assumed was the DLM kicking in.  The max download speed has increased from 37.154Mbps to 41.596Mbps but the actual download speed has stayed at 32.400Mbps.  Does this mean that the actual download speed is capped and will not increase?  We had a similar issue this time last year which resulted ina  BTOR visit where the master socket was changed and line reset so I know that it is capable of 40.0Mbps.  Also the SNR value is 6.1db.  Can you please comment on the apparent capping of my line and what can be done about it?

Many thanks

OCE_Michelle

Morning,

Thanks for the update. If the sync speed increases, however there is no improvement in speed then we usually advise trying one 30 minute router power down as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed.

Thanks