cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Poor Broadband Speed issue REP-14265006

Martin1st
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Need somehow to get problem escalated.

Talk talk sent home engineer who proved problem is not inside property and said he would escalate the issue.

Talk talk seem to believe problem is solved as per screen shot:-

Martin1st_0-1714738282418.png

Unable to connect with chat as button does not function on page.

Therefore hoping someone here can arrange confirmation of action being taken.

Martin
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Martin,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Chris,

More or less back to the speeds prior to the issue, just a few packet errors, so all looking good. Many thanks for your assistance in resolving.

I think we can close this one down now.

Many thanks,

Martin.

Martin
0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update. Line test is passing, current sync speed is 50.6Mbps downstream and 9.0Mbps upstream. DLM has been moving your to faster profiles over the last few days which would indicate that the connection is stable with a low error count. Hopefully you'll see a further improvement over the next day or so

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi Chris,

Over the last few days download speed has crept up to around 47Mbs, this is still lower than the 50 to 53Mbs that I was previously getting (measured using wireless speed test). The upload speed is also struggling at around 5Mbs.

I am concerned that the connection is living on he edge of stability and will probably deteriorate again.

Regards,

Martin.

Martin
0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

He's not mentioned any other issues that I can see but if the speed doesn't improve then we can arrange another engineer visit specifically to look at the broadband issue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi Chris,

That’s okay, however he identified the other suspect connection which I mentioned earlier, the one he was unable to gain access to yesterday. 

This could still be an issue going forward. 

Regards,

Martin

Martin
0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

OK thanks. Sync speed is currently showing at 46.4Mbps. As the engineer seems to have fixed an issue on the line I think we should leave it for at least 48 hours to see if the line management system (DLM), moves you to a faster line profile

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22
  • Hi Chris,
  • I had already done a reboot earlier and saw an increase to around 42Mbs. Just repeated with half hour off period speed still around 42Mbs

Martin

Martin
0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

OK thanks Martin. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if there's any speed improvement. Please let me know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi Chris,

Openreach Engineer made some reconnections in a couple of places outside of property, he identified another potential problem about one hundred yards away but was unable to gain access to the cover as a car was parked over it. 
He said that he was only asked to clear a noise issue, which he has. The phone noise is now not an issue. 

However internet speed is still around 30Mbs. Which is my main concern. 

He said before he left that he would escalate the call to investigate broadband speed and would probably be Friday when an engineer would return. Managed to contact him a little while ago.
it seems he had to close this job down before he could raise a new one, so I should be getting another visit.
hope your system is updated and you can confirm that this is in hand.

regards,

Martin
Martin
0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi Martin,

Openreach have cleared and closed the fault. The engineer notes say that the engineer found and fixed the issue. There is no mention of further action needing to be taken and line test is now passing. Is the telephone line still noisy?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi, Openreach came out today, remade some new connections in road. However he did not come up with a solution. He said he would escalate the problem and to expect another visit. 
However, Talktalk now keep sending stupid communications to say problem resolved when it clearly is not and no easy route to discuss with anyone. 
Hope that you can check and make sure that Openreach is still on the case. 

Martin
0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

I've booked the first afternoon appointment available - May 08 2024, PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi,

will accept potential engineer charges, your engineer has already checked in house connections and confirmed all okay. 
Monday to Friday 1pm to 6pm is acceptable. 
Look forward to receiving confirmation,

many thanks for your support. 

Martin
0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

OK can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi, Yes please arrange an Openreach engineer, what details do you need?

Martin
0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

OK  thanks. We'll need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to investigate the noise on the line as this is probably also causing the slow speeds. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Sorry phone does have a dial tone and calls can be made and received but very difficult to hear and have a conversation. 

Martin
0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Hi, We have a slow broadband speed of about half that we should get.
We also have a noisy telephone line as confirmed yesterday by the Talktalk engineer that came out. He confirmed that he would escalate the call but it seems that nothing is happening according to the information on my account. 

Martin
0 Likes