cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Requesting new router

NatHarry
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

We’ve been advised from a recent engineer visit to request a new router as ours was purchased in 2020. We've had drops in connection and more recently, despite download speed showing as ok, the actual download comes out very slow. Please can we have an updated router? Thanks @@Debbie-talktalk 

24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi @NatHarry 

Openreach have left notes to advise that they have cleared the fault.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi NatHarry

I'm sorry for the delay.

I can see that an Openreach engineer will be investigating this fault this afternoon (appointed visit)

I will check in again with you tomorrow after the engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi NatHarry

Great, thanks for confirming.

I've run a line test and this is detecting a potential line fault so I have passed this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer (external investigation)

I will continue to monitor for further updates from Openreach and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

NatHarry
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 25

Hi Debbie,

Yes all connected now - are you able to run the connection test from your side to check if it still reports the ongoing fault?

Thanks

Message 5 of 25

Hi NatHarry

Is this your socket you have posted? (the photo)

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Thanks Debbie, the main socket looked a totally different shape to the microfilter connector but it is connected now! Has this helped the situation at all?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi NatHarry

Thanks for your reply.

The little socket in between the 2 screws is the test socket. You can connect the microfilter and router there.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi team,

Dealt with this for a while but have had more frequent drops in connection over the past week or so with bad download speeds. I need advice on how to access this test socket under the faceplateas there’s just the original socket and the clear plastic bit seems fixed in there?

image.jpg

 Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

OK thanks. Could you try connecting the router to the test socket. You'll need to connect it with a micro-filter. The test socket is accessible by removing the master socket faceplate

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi Chris,

We have the NTE 5C MK 4. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Thanks. Could you take a look at the help article in my previous post and let me know which type of master socket you have

Chris

0 Likes

NatHarry
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 25

Hi Chris,

There is another socket but this is unusable as there is no power source in the room for the router. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

OK thanks. Is the master socket the only socket you have in the house?

Does your master socket have a test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi Chris,

The router is connected to the master socket. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Thanks. I can see that there were connection drops and a high number of errors at times. Is the router currently connected to the test socket as line test is picking up a potential home wiring issue?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi Chris,

The latest loss of connection we noticed was at 5:15pm and the router flashed orange, then orange and white. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

OK thanks. If there are any more disconnection this evening could you make a note of the time and if the router light changes colour. I'll pick this up tomorrow and check the disconnections against the line history

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi Chris!

Latest one we’re aware of happened approx 9:50 this morning - routinely when this happens, all devices lose connection and the router blinks orange, then white/orange, then resumes connection. This can happen sporadically, maybe once a day or a few times.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi NatHarry,

Line test isn't showing any disconnections today, did you notice if the light changed on the router when the connection dropped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi Michelle,

We don’t have access to the voice service.

Thanks

0 Likes