Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Need an extended power lead cable for my router


Hi everyone, 


I need a long (6m+) extension cable for the router itself. We have an extended DSL line, we just need a long cable that will plug from the wall to the router unit.


Does anyone know where I can get one or what it's called so I can search for one?



Community Star

Forgive me  @Poppy2709 can't you just plug the router power pack into a conventional trailing lead?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Wise Owl

Or buy a long ethernet cable to go router to device?


Either way Amazon it.

Whizz Kid
you can either:

1) Increase the length of the existing one by cutting and jointing a suitable cable/joint. This could invalid any warranty however, but the best option would be to..

2) Buy an extension of ebay such as this:
Makes sure you measure the existing inner plug as there are 2 sizes (2.1 or 2.5mm) Google how to measure the inner plug size using a pen tip. Think mine was 2.5mm. You can also opt for a 90 degree plug.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Poppy2709,


I can see you've received some help with your query, please let us know if you need any further assistance