Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New to Talk Talk and Ethernet connection wont see my CCTV

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi all, i have just switched from Virgin to Talk Talk and everything is working fine apart from when i connect my CCTV system via the ethernet connection. I still have my Virgin connection until the end of the month and the CCTV still works perfect on there. I have been in the dashboard of the router and its not even listed as a wired connection. I have tried numerous cables but still with the same outcome. The router is model number DG8041W. 

Highlighted
Community Star

After connecting your CCTV, did you power the CCTV off & back on again? Otherwise, it will be looking for the MAC address of your Virgin router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Keith thanks for your response. I finally found the problem. This CCTV system you have to manually change it to connect from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 and then change the CCTV address from 192.168.0.114 to 192.168.1.114. I thought it was plug and play 😂😂😂

Highlighted
Community Star

It would have been plug & play if your CCTV got its IP address via DHCP, but when you statically configure the address on the CCTV, then that has to be changed manually on there. Don't forget the DNS server & default gateway addresses on the CCTV will need to be 192.168.1.1 as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Yeah its all sorted now thank you 👍

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Brendon1975

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂