Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Service! No Support! No Response!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have been without fibre broadband for over two weeks now. My post raising this issue appears to have been totally ignored!

The online Service centre shows I have a connection and line speed issues,  but then the line check informs me that everything is ok! It only needs someone at TT to raise this issue with openreach to resolve the problem. It's  not difficult. 

I don't blame the people who deal with these requests, but the company you work for is atrocious! I can't even complain to them. My email sent to their "concerns" address just received an automatic response stating that they weren't corresponding during the current crisis. They are just using this crisis as an excuse for their appalling customer service - inexcusable!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Bwb59,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

I've run a few different tests on the line which are clear, however I can see that the line is not in sync. Do you have a dial tone? Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it is a difficult time for us all.

The landline phone is fine and I have tried testing the router via the test socket. Pretty certain it's not a router issue. The service centre states there is a stability problem with the connection and the line speed is 2Mbps. I had a very similar issue a few years ago and sending me a new router didn't work. I would appreciate it if you call openreach to sort out the issue and save any further delay.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Bwb59,

Thanks for the additional information. As the line tests are clear the next step would be an engineer visit, however at the moment engineers at not entering the property due to the Covid-19 guidelines so they will only try to resolve the fault externally. Do you still have the alternative router that you could test with just to rule this out before we try and progress with an engineer visit?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I haven't a spare router as I returned the old one. 

Thanks 

Highlighted

Hi Bwb59

I have ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ok, thanks. Will do.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, 

The new router arrived this morning. Unfortunately, as feared, this hasn't resolved the issues. Please could you arrange for openreach to investigate? Thanks. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

Any update on BT investigating my fibre problems?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Bwb59

I'm really sorry to hear this and for the delay.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Bwb59

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 13/05/2020 PM (1pm - 6pm)

We have asked the engineer to complete all testing on the line outside the property first and at the cabinet. If access is still required then the engineer should contact you to discuss this further.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie