cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Stubborn Router: Changes channels when set to manual.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello all. I have the Wi-Fi Hub (Cheese grater). I run only 2.4GHz on it. All of our neighbours devices are on channel 6. I therefore want our router to be on Channel 11 as there is no one there and to ensure no overlaps. The only problem is, the router seems to want to join the neighbours on channel 6 and switches to this every morning, even though I have manually chosen and applied Channel 11. This obviously causes problems in rooms that are closer to the neighbours with slow connection and drops. I don't have the patience to manually reset the router to CH11 every morning, and nor should I have to. Can anyone explain why the router has a mind of it's own please?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @CeeBee2001 yes your router has a WiFi optimization app which can be disabled by TT.

your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back soon.

In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. Click avatar top right corner then settings, then wizard. Please don't post personal details here for security reasons. Once this information is in place the OCE team will be able to help you.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ok, many thanks. I'm taking a shot in the dark here but it seems like the app mentioned above may need some attention. The only channel my router should never be on (in my case scenario) is 6, yet this is the one it seems to want to default to, time after time 😕 P.S. I've added my landline info.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
What's the typical wait for a response on something like this please?
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @CeeBee2001 unfortunately by answering I'm also pushing you down the workflow. The more posts on a thread the longer it takes. The team will get to you. Soon.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi CeeBee2001

this should be off now.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE