Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk hub constantly resetting 2.4ghz channel to 1

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, I see that there are other posts with the same issue. I have repeatedly changed the channel on my talktalk hub to 6 as this is the only channel not in use in my vicinity. Everything works great for a while but then my WiFi security cameras begin disconnecting. When I check the WiFi channel, it has returned to 1 (which is the most congested).

I have changed the channel dozens of times now but after a few hours the hub as changed it back to channel 1.

Can you help me sort this out as it is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @gail123 your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow.

Short answer could well be not currently possible, but let's hope I am wrong, as usual and you get a good solution tomorrow.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi gail123

I'm just looking into this further and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie

Is there any update on this as it has been over a month now with no reply. 

The router is still changing the WiFi channel randomly which is causing me problems so I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @gail123 I have a feeling a solution has been found and am sure @OCE_Debbie will get back to you tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @gail123 oooops sorry got my days wrong, should have said Monday.

Highlighted

Hi gail123

Apologies for the delay.

Our performance monitoring tool will only change channels when interference is detected.  It will learn about each device that is connected over time.

However our Products Team have advised if you are experiencing issues and would prefer to select your own wireless channels then we can arrange for Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

If you could arrange for the monitoring tool to be switched off, that would be great.

Many Thanks 

Gail

Highlighted

Hi gail123

Optimisation is now turned off for your connection.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES