cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi drops out

Dsb66
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Hello

My broadband was upgraded to fibre in January. All was fine until feb/March when the broadband would just drop randomly a couple of times through the day.

I have contacted the live chat a number of times, and the same diagnostics are run. The first couple of times they said there was no problem. Then there was a fault with the fibre provider, today that fault has been resolved. I am currently (again) wasting my mobile data as my WiFi has been off for the last 30 mins.

I am surprised to see so many other people reporting the same issue, it does seem to suggest that something is wrong with the service somewhere.

My question is is there an easier way of logging the issue, rather than giving to slog through the live chat system?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the update, does it seem to be working OK at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Dsb66
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 23

Hi

Talk Talk phoned the other day and, since the interruptions seem to be decreasing, I'm just keeping an eye on it. Happy with that, technician on the phone was helpful.

This is the first time in a good few days we've noticed the WiFi drop. 1810 this evening, 2nd light on wall unit was red, then about 5 mins later the usual 2 lights go out and the hub turns orange. Has been restarted and still not working at 1855. I'm just using this thread to document any issues, as discussed on the phone.

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Initially no, the light stayed white (wall unit had lost two lights). About 15 mins in it flashed orange. Came back on after 30 minutes or so.

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

OK thanks. Did you notice if the router was flashing orange when the connection dropped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi Chris

It does seem to be better. There was a phase when it would drop pretty much every night. We've noticed that there are still interruptions to service, but less of them. Of course, I don't really know how it does when I'm at work. However I am working at home today and the service has currently dropped.

So, it may be the issues have just changed time. It would be good if it could be fixed once and for all. 

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Sarah,

Was yesterday morning the first time that it has dropped for a while? How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi Chris

Sorry for the delay in replying. It's off again this morning.

All Internet connected devices stop working (phone, pc, tv).

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for trying that. Do all your devices seem to drop at the same time? Does it look as though the Internet connection drops rather than the wireless connection to individual devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Thanks Chris, handily it dropped just before 0830 this morning. I've swapped over the hubs and it has just been flashing orange for the last 20 minutes. This is a slightly older hub, but it has the same connection points, so I assume it's compatible? 

Swapped them back now and wifi back on.

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

If it drops again could you connect the old hub and monitor to see if the same patter of disconnections continues. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi Chris

I have the old hub, I can try that. What should I do to test it?

It has been stable so far today.

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Sarah,

Do you have another router that you can test with, if not then we can arrange to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Brilliant, thanks Chris.

No WiFi at 1925 Tues 09/04. Hub light white, wall unit has first and last lights on. Turned whole system off for 30 minutes, hub has had orange light on for last 15 minutes, wall unit still has 2 lights lit. No WiFi as yet.

Update: WiFi back on at 2130.

Update 2, looks like it has dropped again at 2300. 

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

OK thanks. You can log any faults with us and make a note of any wifi interruptions on this thread if that helps

Chris

Message 16 of 23

Also, if it happens outwith chat opening hours I'd like a way to log it so any patterns in service disruption can be tracked.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Thanks for the suggestion Chris. I will try this again the next time it happens, and see if it helps. So far I've turned it off for 30 minutes, reset it, moved it away from other devices and run through the standard diagnostics etc. 

Do you know if there is a way to log issues without having to go through the chat log? I keep asking for the WiFi breaks to be added to my file, but then have to reexplain the issue each time I get through to someone on chat. If the repeated drops are not logged, then I don't think the problem is being taken seriously - the technician thinks it has been fixed because the diagnostic has been done and (apparently) there are no issues at TalkTalk's end.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

OK thanks. Can you switch the ONT and router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Dsb66
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 23

Hi Chris

The first and last lights are lit, the middle two are flickering. On the hub the white light is usually lit, but occasionally it will flash orange. Not often though.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Thanks, have you noticed if the lights change on the ONT when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes